The act of exposing or laying open, setting forth, laying bare of protection, depriving of care or concealment, or setting out to reprobation or contempt.
- The act or an instance of exposing, as:
- An act of subjecting or an instance of being subjected to an action or an influence: their first exposure to big city life.
- Appearance in public or in the mass media: an actor with much recent exposure in television.
- Revelation, especially of crime or guilt: exposure of graft in county government.
- The act of presenting a body part, especially the genitals, to view: indecent exposure.
- The condition of being exposed, especially to severe weather or other forces of nature: was hospitalized for the effects of exposure.
- A position in relation to climatic or weather conditions or points of the compass: Our house has a southern exposure.
- The act of exposing sensitized photographic film or plate.
- A photographic plate or a piece of film so exposed.
- The amount of radiant energy needed to expose a photographic film.