A line or surface to which, at every point, a vertical or plumb line is perpendicular; a line or surface which is everywhere parallel to the surface of still water; -- this is the true level, and is a curve or surface in which all points are equally distant from the center of the earth, or rather would be so if the earth were an exact sphere.
- Relative position or rank on a scale: the local level of government; studying at the graduate level.
- A relative degree, as of achievement, intensity, or concentration: an unsafe level of toxicity; a high level of frustration.
- A natural or proper position, place, or stage: I finally found my own level in the business world.
- Position along a vertical axis; height or depth: a platform at knee level.
- A horizontal line or plane at right angles to the plumb.
- The position or height of such a line or plane.
- A flat, horizontal surface.
- A land area of uniform elevation.
- An instrument for ascertaining whether a surface is horizontal, vertical, or at a 45° angle, consisting essentially of an encased, liquid-filled tube containing an air bubble that moves to a center window when the instrument is set on an even plane. Also called spirit level.
- Such a device combined with a telescope and used in surveying.
- A computation of the difference in elevation between two points by using such a device.
- Having a flat, smooth surface.
- Being on a horizontal plane.
- Being at the same height or position as another; even.
- Being at the same degree of rank, standing, or advantage as another; equal.
- Being or relating to a specified rank or standing. Often used in combination: a lower-level administrator.
- Exhibiting no abrupt variations; steady: spoke in a level tone.
- Rational and balanced; sensible: came to a level appraisal of the situation; keeps a level head in an emergency.
- Filled evenly to the top: a level tablespoon of the medicine.
- To make horizontal, flat, or even: leveled the driveway with a roller; leveled off the hedges with the clippers.
- To tear down; raze.
- To knock down with or as if with a blow: The challenger leveled the champion with a mighty uppercut.
- To place on the same level; equalize.
- To aim along a horizontal plane: leveled the gun at the target.
- To direct emphatically or forcefully toward someone: leveled charges of dishonesty.
- To measure the different elevations of (a tract of land) with a level.
- To bring persons or things to an equal level; equalize.
- To aim a weapon horizontally.
- Informal To be frank and open: advised the suspect to level with the authorities.
- Along a flat or even line or plane.
- level off To move toward stability or consistency: Prices leveled off.
- level off To maneuver an aircraft into a flight attitude that is parallel to the surface of the earth after gaining or losing altitude.
- (one's) level best The best one can do in an earnest attempt: I did my level best in math class.
- on the level Informal Without deception; honest.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉയര്ച്ച - Uyarcha ;നിയന്ത്രിക്കുക - Niyanthrikkuka ;നിരത്തുക - Niraththuka | Nirathuka ;തുല്യതയുള്ള - Thulyathayulla ;സമീകരിക്കുക - Sameekarikkuka ;ഏറെക്കുറെ സമനിരപ്പായ പ്രദേശം - Erekkure Samanirappaaya Pradhesham | Erekkure Samanirappaya Pradhesham ;