To pierce or bore with a drill, or a with a drill; to perforate; as, to drill a hole into a rock; to drill a piece of metal.
- An implement with cutting edges or a pointed end for boring holes in hard materials, usually by a rotating abrasion or repeated blows; a bit.
- The hand-operated or hand-powered holder for this implement.
- A loud, harsh noise made by or as if by a powered tool of this kind.
- Disciplined, repetitious exercise as a means of teaching and perfecting a skill or procedure.
- A task or exercise for teaching a skill or procedure by repetition: conducted an air-raid drill; a drill for learning the multiplication tables.
- The training of soldiers in marching and the manual of arms.
- Any of various marine gastropod mollusks, chiefly of the genus Urosalpinx, that bore holes into the shells of bivalve mollusks. U. cinera is destructive to oysters.
- To make a hole in (a hard material) with a drill: a bit for drilling masonry.
- To make (a hole) with or as if with a drill: drills holes in trees with its chisellike bill.
- To strike or hit sharply: The batter drilled a single through the infield.
- To instruct thoroughly by repetition in a skill or procedure: drill pupils in grammar.
- To infuse knowledge of or skill in by repetitious instruction. See Synonyms at teach.
- To train (soldiers) in marching and the manual of arms.
- To make a hole with or as if with a drill.
- To perform a training exercise.
- A shallow trench or furrow in which seeds are planted.
- A row of planted seeds.
- A machine or implement for planting seeds in holes or furrows.
- To sow (seeds) in rows.
- To plant (a field) in drills.
- Durable cotton or linen twill of varying weights, generally used for work clothes.
- A baboon (Papio leucophaeus) of western Africa, related to and resembling the mandrill.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉഴവുചാല് - Uzhavuchaal | Uzhavuchal ;പരിശീലനം - Parisheelanam ;പരിശീലിപ്പിക്കുക - Parisheelippikkuka ;ഉഴവുചാൽ - Uzhavuchaal | Uzhavuchal ;വിത്തുപാകുക - Viththupaakuka | Vithupakuka ;തുളയ്ക്കുക - Thulaykkuka ;