Rennet. See 3d Reed.
- To examine and grasp the meaning of (written or printed characters, words, or sentences).
- To utter or render aloud (written or printed material): read poems to the students.
- To have the ability to examine and grasp the meaning of (written or printed material in a given language or notation): reads Chinese; reads music.
- To examine and grasp the meaning of (language in a form other than written or printed characters, words, or sentences): reading Braille; reading sign language.
- To examine and grasp the meaning of (a graphic representation): reading a map.
- To discern and interpret the nature or significance of through close examination or sensitive observation: The tracker read the trail for signs of game.
- To discern or anticipate through examination or observation; descry: "I can read abandonment in a broken door or shattered window” ( William H. Gass).
- To determine the intent or mood of: can read your mind like a book; a hard person to read.
- To attribute a certain interpretation or meaning to: read her words differently than I did.
- To consider (something written or printed) as having a particular meaning or significance: read the novel as a parable.
- To foretell or predict (the future).
- To receive or comprehend (a radio message, for example): I read you loud and clear.
- To study or make a study of: read history as an undergraduate.
- To learn or get knowledge of from something written or printed: read that interest rates would continue to rise.
- To proofread.
- To have or use as a preferred reading in a particular passage: For change read charge.
- To indicate, register, or show: The dial reads 32°.
- Computer Science To obtain (data) from a storage medium, such as a magnetic disk.
- Genetics To decode or translate a sequence of messenger RNA into an amino acid sequence in a polypeptide chain.
- To examine and grasp the meaning of printed or written characters, as of words or music.
- To speak aloud the words that one is reading: read to the children every night.
- To learn by reading: read about the storm in the paper today.
- To study.
- To have a particular wording: Recite the poem exactly as it reads.
- To contain a specific meaning: As the law reads, the defendant is guilty.
- To indicate, register, or show a measurement or figure: How does your new watch read?
- To have a specified character or quality for the reader: Your poems read well.
- Informal Something that is read: "The book is a page-turner as well as a very satisfying read” ( Frank Conroy).
- Informed by reading; learned: only sparsely read in fields outside my profession.
- read out To read aloud: Please read out the names on the list.
- read up To study or learn by reading: Read up on the places you plan to visit before you travel.
- lecture To issue a reprimand: My parents read me a lecture because I had neglected my chores.
- read between the lines To perceive or detect an obscure or unexpressed meaning: learned to read between the lines of corporate annual reports to discern areas of fiscal weakness.
- read out of To expel by proclamation from a social, political, or other group: was read out of the secretariat after the embarrassing incident.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മനസ്സിലാക്കുക - Manassilaakkuka | Manassilakkuka ;വിവരങ്ങള് ശേഖരിച്ചിട്ടുള്ള മാധ്യമത്തില് നിന്ന് ഡാറ്റ വിശകലനത്തിനായി ലഭ്യമാക്കുക - Vivarangal Shekharichittulla Maadhyamaththil Ninnu Daatta Vishakalanaththinaayi Labhyamaakkuka | Vivarangal Shekharichittulla Madhyamathil Ninnu Datta Vishakalanathinayi Labhyamakkuka ;ഇല്ലാത്ത അര്ത്ഥങ്ങള് കണ്ടെത്തുക - Illaaththa Arththangal Kandeththuka | Illatha Arthangal Kandethuka ;അഭ്യസിക്കുക - Abhyasikkuka ;പരായാണം ചെയ്യുക - Paraayaanam Cheyyuka | Parayanam Cheyyuka ;അധ്യയനം ചെയ്യുക - Adhyayanam Cheyyuka ;