A torch made of tow and pitch, or the like.
- One of the rings or loops forming a chain.
- A unit in a connected series of units: links of sausage; one link in a molecular chain.
- A unit in a transportation or communications system.
- A connecting element; a tie or bond: grandparents, our link with the past.
- An association; a relationship: The Alumnae Association is my link to the school's present administration.
- A causal, parallel, or reciprocal relationship; a correlation: Researchers have detected a link between smoking and heart disease.
- A cuff link.
- A unit of length used in surveying, equal to 0.01 chain, 7.92 inches, or about 20.12 centimeters.
- A rod or lever transmitting motion in a machine.
- Computer Science A segment of text or a graphical item that serves as a cross-reference between parts of a hypertext document or between files or hypertext documents. Also called hotlink, hyperlink.
- To connect with or as if with a link: linked the rings to form a chain. See Synonyms at join.
- Computer Science To make a hypertext link in: linked her webpage to her employer's homepage.
- To become connected with or as if with a link: The molecules linked to form a polymer.
- Computer Science To follow a hypertext link: With a click of the mouse, I linked to the company's website.
- A torch formerly used for lighting one's way in the streets.