A thin skin; a pellicle; a membranous covering, causing opacity; hence, any thin, slight covering.
- A thin skin or membrane.
- A thin, opaque, abnormal coating on the cornea of the eye.
- A thin covering or coating: a film of dust on the piano.
- A thin, flexible, transparent sheet, as of plastic, used in wrapping or packaging.
- A thin sheet or strip of flexible material, such as a cellulose derivative or a thermoplastic resin, coated with a photosensitive emulsion and used to make photographic negatives or transparencies.
- A thin sheet or strip of developed photographic negatives or transparencies.
- A movie.
- Movies considered as a group.
- A coating of magnetic alloys on glass used in manufacturing computer storage devices.
- To cover with or as if with a film.
- To make a movie of or based on: film a rocket launch; film a scene from a ballet.
- To become coated or obscured with or as if with a film: The window filmed over with moisture.
- To make or shoot scenes for a movie.