Same as Programme.
- A listing of the order of events and other pertinent information for a public presentation.
- The presentation itself: a program of piano pieces.
- A scheduled radio or television show.
- An ordered list of events to take place or procedures to be followed; a schedule: a program of physical therapy for a convalescent.
- A system of services, opportunities, or projects, usually designed to meet a social need: "Working parents rely on the center's after-school latchkey program” ( New York Times).
- A course of academic study; a curriculum.
- A plan or system of academic and related or ancillary activities: a work-study program.
- A plan or system of nonacademic extracurricular activities: the football program.
- A set of coded instructions that enables a machine, especially a computer, to perform a desired sequence of operations.
- An instruction sequence in programmed instruction.
- To include or schedule in a program: program a new musical composition.
- To design a program for; schedule the activities of.
- To provide (a machine) with a set of coded working instructions.
- To train to perform automatically in a desired way, as if programming a machine: programmed the children to use perfect table manners.
- To prepare an instructional sequence for (material to be taught) in programmed instruction.