A tumult; a bustle; unnecessary or annoying ado about trifles.
- Needlessly nervous or useless activity; commotion: There was a lot of fuss on moving day.
- A state of excessive and unwarranted concern over an unimportant matter: made a big fuss over one low test grade.
- An objection; a protest: The longer working hours caused a big fuss.
- A quarrel.
- A display of affectionate excitement and attention: Everyone made a fuss over the new baby.
- To trouble or worry over trifles.
- To be excessively careful or solicitous: fussed over their children.
- To get into or be in a state of nervous or useless activity: fussed with the collar of his coat.
- To object; complain.
- To disturb or vex with unimportant matters.