To furnish (a window, a house, a sash, a case, etc.) with glass.
- A thin smooth shiny coating.
- A thin glassy coating of ice.
- A coating of colored, opaque, or transparent material applied to ceramics before firing.
- A coating, as of syrup, applied to food.
- A transparent coating applied to the surface of a painting to modify the color tones.
- A glassy film, as one over the eyes.
- To fit, furnish, or secure with glass: glaze a window.
- To apply a glaze to: glaze a doughnut; glaze pottery.
- To coat or cover thinly with ice.
- To give a smooth lustrous surface to.
- To be or become glazed or glassy: His eyes glazed over from boredom.
- To form a glaze.