To form an opinion concerning, without knowledge or means of knowledge; to judge of at random; to conjecture.
- To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
- To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.
- To form a correct estimate or conjecture of: guessed the answer.
- To suppose; think: I guess he was wrong.
- To make an estimate or conjecture: We could only guess at her motives.
- To estimate or conjecture correctly.
- An act or instance of guessing.
- A conjecture arrived at by guessing.