To cause to move upward or onward by a lifting effort; to lift; to raise; to hoist; -- often with up; as, the wave heaved the boat on land.
- To raise or lift, especially with great effort or force: heaved the box of books onto the table. See Synonyms at lift.
- To throw (a heavy object) with great effort; hurl: heave the shot; heaved a brick through the window.
- To throw or toss: heaved his backpack into the corner.
- To utter with effort or pain: heaved a groan of despair.
- To vomit (something).
- Nautical To raise or haul up by means of a rope, line, or cable: hove the anchor up and set sail.
- Nautical To move (a ship) in a certain direction or into a certain position by hauling: hove the ship astern.
- To make rise or swell: the wind heaving huge waves; an exhausted dog heaving its chest.
- Geology To displace or move (a vein, lode, or stratum, for example).
- To rise up or swell, as if pushed up; bulge: The sidewalk froze and heaved.
- To rise and fall in turn, as waves.
- To gag or vomit.
- Nautical To move in a certain direction or to a specified position: The frigate hove alongside.
- Nautical To pull at or haul a rope or cable: The brig is heaving around on the anchor.
- Nautical To push at a capstan bar or lever.
- The effort of heaving.
- An act of hurling; a throw, especially when considered in terms of distance: a heave of 63 feet.
- Geology A horizontal dislocation, as of a rock stratum, at a fault.
- An upward movement.
- The act or an instance of gagging or vomiting.
- A pulmonary disease of horses that is characterized by respiratory irregularities, such as coughing, and is noticeable especially after exercise or in cold weather.
- heave to Nautical To turn a sailing ship so that its bow heads into the wind and the ship lies motionless except for drifting, in order to meet a storm: The brig hove to.
- heave to Nautical To turn an engine-powered vessel in a similar situation so that its bow heads into the seas while proceeding at low speed.
- sight To rise or seem to rise over the horizon into view, as a ship.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൊന്തിക്കുക - Ponthikkuka ;പൊന്തിക്കുക - Ponthikkuka ;താളത്തില് ഉയരുകയും താഴുകയും ചെയ്യുക - Thaalaththil Uyarukayum Thaazhukayum Cheyyuka | Thalathil Uyarukayum Thazhukayum Cheyyuka ;ഉയർത്തുക - Uyarththuka | Uyarthuka ;ഛര്ദ്ദിക്കുക - Charddhikkuka | Chardhikkuka ;വിക്ഷേപണം - Vikshepanam ;