One of the bones, usually bearing teeth, which form the framework of the mouth.
- Either of two bony or cartilaginous structures that in most vertebrates form the framework of the mouth and hold the teeth.
- The mandible or maxilla or the part of the face covering these bones.
- Any of various structures of invertebrates that have an analogous function to vertebrate jaws.
- Either of two opposed hinged parts in a mechanical device.
- The walls of a pass, canyon, or cavern.
- A dangerous situation or confrontation: the jaws of death.
- Slang Impudent argument or back talk: Don't give me any jaw.
- Slang A conversation or chat.
- Slang To talk vociferously; jabber.
- Slang To talk; converse.