That part of the human body which extends downward from the breast to the thighs, and contains the bowels, or intestines; the abdomen.
- See abdomen.
- The underside of the body of certain vertebrates, such as snakes and fish.
- Informal The stomach.
- Informal An appetite for food.
- The womb; the uterus.
- A part that bulges or protrudes: the belly of a sail.
- Anatomy The bulging, central part of a muscle.
- A deep, hollow interior: the belly of a ship.
- To bulge or cause to bulge. See Synonyms at bulge.
- belly up To approach closely: belly up to the bar.