An instrument by means of which the bolt of a lock is shot or drawn; usually, a removable metal instrument fitted to the mechanism of a particular lock and operated by turning in its place.
- A notched and grooved, usually metal implement that is turned to open or close a lock.
- A similar device used for opening or winding: the key of a clock; a can that has a key attached.
- A means of access, control, or possession.
- A vital, crucial element.
- A set of answers to a test.
- A table, gloss, or cipher for decoding or interpreting.
- A device, such as a wedge or pin, inserted to lock together mechanical or structural parts.
- Architecture The keystone in the crown of an arch.
- A button or lever that is depressed to operate a machine.
- A button that is depressed to cause a corresponding character or function to be typed or executed by a typewriter or to be accepted as input by a computer.
- Music A button or lever that is depressed with the finger to produce or modulate the sound of an instrument, such as a clarinet or piano.
- Music A tonal system consisting of seven tones in fixed relationship to a tonic, having a characteristic key signature and being the structural foundation of the bulk of Western music; tonality.
- Music The principal tonality of a work: an etude in the key of E.
- The pitch of a voice or other sound.
- A characteristic tone or level of intensity, as of a speech or sales campaign. Often used in combination: high-key; low-key.
- Botany A samara.
- An outline of the distinguishing characteristics of a group of organisms, used as a guide in taxonomic identification.
- Basketball An area at each end of the court between the base line and the foul line and including the jump-ball circle at the foul line: a jump shot from the top of the key.
- Of crucial importance; significant: key decisions; the key element of the thesis.
- To lock with or as if with a key.
- Architecture To furnish (an arch) with a keystone.
- Music To regulate the pitch of.
- To bring into harmony; adjust or adapt.
- To supply an explanatory key for.
- To operate (a device), as for typesetting, by means of a keyboard.
- To enter (data) into a computer by means of a keyboard.
- To identify (a biological specimen).
- To vandalize or mar by scratching with a key: Vandals keyed the cars left in the parking garage.
- To pay close attention; focus: improved service by keying on customer complaints; keyed in on the main points of the lecture.
- Sports To watch or cover an opposing player closely in an effort to limit the player's effectiveness. Used with on: "[She] still carries the burden of scoring ... even though opponents key on her throughout every game” ( Josh Barr).
- key up To make intense, excited, or nervous.
- in key In consonance with other factors.
- out of key Not in consonance with other factors.
- A low offshore island or reef, especially in the Gulf of Mexico; a cay.
- Slang A kilogram of marijuana, cocaine, or heroin.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പിരിയാണി - Piriyaani | Piriyani ;സാധാരണി - Saadhaarani | Sadharani ;കമാനിലെ ആണിക്കല്ല് - Kamaanile Aanikkallu | Kamanile anikkallu ; ;പ്രശ്നപരിഹാരം - Prashnaparihaaram | Prashnapariharam ;സ്വരനിദാനം - Svaranidhaanam | swaranidhanam ;