Greater in number, quantity, or extent; as, the major part of the assembly; the major part of the revenue; the major part of the territory.
- Greater than others in importance or rank: a major artist.
- Great in scope or effect: a major improvement.
- Great in number, size, or extent: the major portion of the population.
- Requiring great attention or concern; very serious: a major illness.
- Law Having attained full legal age.
- Of or relating to the field of academic study in which a student specializes.
- Music Designating a scale or mode having half steps between the third and fourth and the seventh and eighth degrees.
- Music Equivalent to the distance between the tonic note and the second or third or sixth or seventh degrees of a major scale or mode: a major interval.
- Music Based on a major scale: a major key.
- A commissioned rank in the U.S. Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above captain and below lieutenant colonel.
- One who holds this rank.
- One that is superior in rank, importance, or ability: an oil-producing country considered as one of the majors.
- Law One who has reached full legal age.
- A field of study chosen as an academic specialty.
- A student specializing in such studies: a linguistics major.
- Logic A major premise.
- Logic A major term.
- Music A major scale, key, interval, or mode.
- Music A chord containing a major third between the first and second notes and a minor third between the second and third notes.
- Sports The major leagues.
- To pursue academic studies in a major: majoring in mathematics.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
21 വയസ്സു പൂർത്തിയാക്കിയ ആൾ - 21 Vayassu Poorththiyaakkiya Aal | 21 Vayassu Poorthiyakkiya al ;സ്ഥാനവലിപ്പമുള്ള - Sthaanavalippamulla | Sthanavalippamulla ;മേജർ - Mejar ;മേജര് - Mejar ;the major share ഭൂരിഭാഗം - the Major Share Bhooribhaagam | the Major Share Bhooribhagam ;പ്രായപൂര്ത്തിയായ - Praayapoorththiyaaya | Prayapoorthiyaya ;