A passage or hall of communication, especially when large enough to serve also as a waiting room. It differs from an antechamber in that a lobby communicates between several rooms, an antechamber to one only; but this distinction is not carefully preserved.
- A hall, foyer, or waiting room at or near the entrance to a building, such as a hotel or theater.
- A public room next to the assembly chamber of a legislative body.
- A group of persons engaged in trying to influence legislators or other public officials in favor of a specific cause: the banking lobby; the labor lobby.
- To try to influence the thinking of legislators or other public officials for or against a specific cause: lobbying for stronger environmental safeguards; lobbied against the proliferation of nuclear arms.
- To try to influence public officials on behalf of or against (proposed legislation, for example): lobbied the bill through Congress; lobbied the bill to a negative vote.
- To try to influence (an official) to take a desired action.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സന്ദര്ശക മുറി - Sandharshaka Muri ;പാര്ലമെന്റ് മന്ദിരത്തിലെയും മറ്റും ഉപശാല - Paarlamentu Mandhiraththileyum Mattum Upashaala | Parlamentu Mandhirathileyum Mattum Upashala ;പ്രവേശന മുറി - Praveshana Muri ;പൊതു പ്രവര്ത്തകരെ സ്വാധീനിക്കാന് പ്രചാരണം നടത്തുക - Pothu Pravarththakare Svaadheenikkaan Prachaaranam Nadaththuka | Pothu Pravarthakare swadheenikkan Pracharanam Nadathuka ;സന്ദർശക മുറി - Sandharshaka Muri ;ഇടനാഴി - Idanaazhi | Idanazhi ;