To go the rounds along a chain of sentinels; to traverse a police district or beat.
- The act of moving about an area especially by an authorized and trained person or group, for purposes of observation, inspection, or security.
- A person or group of persons who perform such an act.
- A military unit sent out on a reconnaissance or combat mission.
- One or more military vehicles, boats, ships, or aircraft assigned to guard or reconnoiter a given area.
- A division of a Boy Scout troop or Girl Scout troop consisting of between six and eight children.
- To engage in a patrol of.
- To engage in a patrol.