To carry or bear from one place to another; to remove; to convey; as, to transport goods; to transport troops.
- To carry from one place to another; convey. See Synonyms at convey.
- To move to strong emotion; carry away; enrapture. See Synonyms at enrapture.
- To send abroad to a penal colony; deport. See Synonyms at banish.
- The act of transporting; conveyance.
- The condition of being transported by emotion; rapture.
- A ship or aircraft used to transport troops or military equipment.
- A vehicle, such as an aircraft, used to transport passengers, mail, or freight.
- The system of transporting passengers or goods in a particular country or area.
- The vehicles, such as buses and trains, used in such a system.
- A device that moves magnetic tape beyond the recording head, as of a tape recorder.
- A deported convict.