A swift sailing boat.
- To spy on or explore carefully in order to obtain information; reconnoiter.
- To observe and evaluate (a talented person), as for possible hiring.
- To search as a scout: scout around for some gossip.
- To search for talented people: scouts for a professional basketball team.
- One that is dispatched from a main body to gather information, especially in preparation for military action.
- The act of reconnoitering.
- A watcher or sentinel.
- One who is employed to discover and recruit talented persons, especially in the fields of sports and entertainment.
- Sports One who is employed to observe and report on the strategies and players of rival teams.
- A member of the Boy Scouts.
- A member of the Girl Scouts.
- Informal An individual; a person: a good scout.
- Chiefly British A student's male servant at Oxford University.
- To reject with disdain or derision. See Synonyms at despise.
- To treat another with derision; scoff.