A judicial and executive system, for the government of a city, town, or district, for the preservation of rights, order, cleanliness, health, etc., and for the enforcement of the laws and prevention of crime; the administration of the laws and regulations of a city, incorporated town, or borough.
- The governmental department charged with the regulation and control of the affairs of a community, now chiefly the department established to maintain order, enforce the law, and prevent and detect crime.
- A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
- A body of persons having similar organization and function: campus police. Also called police force.
- Police officers considered as a group.
- Regulation and control of the affairs of a community, especially with respect to maintenance of order, law, health, morals, safety, and other matters affecting the public welfare.
- Informal A group that admonishes, cautions, or reminds: grammar police; fashion police.
- The cleaning of a military base or other military area: Police of the barracks must be completed before inspection.
- The soldiers assigned to a specified maintenance duty.
- To regulate, control, or keep in order with or as if with a law enforcement agency.
- To make (a military area, for example) neat in appearance: policed the barracks.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സമാധാനപാലകന് - Samaadhaanapaalakan | Samadhanapalakan ;രക്ഷാപുരുഷന് - Rakshaapurushan | Rakshapurushan ;പോലീസുകാരന് - Poleesukaaran | Poleesukaran ;പോലീസ് - Poleesu ;പോലീസ് വകുപ്പ് - Poleesu Vakuppu ;police station 1. ഠാണാവ് 2. കൊത്തുവാള്ചാവടി 3. ഥാനാ - police Station 1. Daanaavu 2. Koththuvaalchaavadi 3. Thaanaa | police Station 1. Danavu 2. Kothuvalchavadi 3. Thana ;