Something demanded or asserted; especially, a position or supposition assumed without proof, or one which is considered as self-evident; a truth to which assent may be demanded or challenged, without argument or evidence.
- To make claim for; demand.
- To assume or assert the truth, reality, or necessity of, especially as a basis of an argument.
- To assume as a premise or axiom; take for granted. See Synonyms at presume.
- Something assumed without proof as being self-evident or generally accepted, especially when used as a basis for an argument: "the postulate that there is little moral difference between the superpowers” ( Henry A. Kissinger).
- A fundamental element; a basic principle.
- Mathematics An axiom.
- A requirement; a prerequisite.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അടിസ്ഥാനപക്ഷം - Adisthaanapaksham | Adisthanapaksham ;ഊഹം - Ooham ;അംഗീകരിക്കുക - Amgeekarikkuka ;അവകാശപ്പെടുക - Avakaashappeduka | Avakashappeduka ;സ്വീകരിക്കുക - Sveekarikkuka | sweekarikkuka ;അടിസ്ഥാനതത്ത്വം - Adisthaanathaththvam | Adisthanathathvam ;