To request; to seek to obtain by words; to petition; to solicit; -- often with of, in the sense of from, before the person addressed.
- To put a question to: When we realized that we didn't know the answer, we asked the teacher.
- To seek an answer to: ask a question.
- To seek information about: asked directions.
- To make a request of: asked me for a loan.
- To make a request for. Often used with an infinitive or clause: ask a favor of a friend; asked to go along on the trip; asked that he be allowed to stay out late.
- To require or call for as a price or condition: asked ten dollars for the book.
- To expect or demand: ask too much of a child.
- To invite: asked them to dinner.
- Archaic To publish, as marriage banns.
- To make inquiry; seek information.
- To make a request: asked for help.
- it Informal To persist in an action despite the likelihood that it will result in difficulty or punishment.
- ask out To invite (someone) to a social engagement.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
യാചിക്കുക - Yaachikkuka | Yachikkuka ;ആജ്ജാപിക്കുക - Aajjaapikkuka | ajjapikkuka ;അപേക്ഷിക്കുക - Apekshikkuka ;ചോദിക്കുക - Chodhikkuka ;അന്വേഷിക്കുക - Anveshikkuka ;അന്വേഷണം നടത്തുക - Anveshanam Nadaththuka | Anveshanam Nadathuka ;