The act of setting or placing before; the act of offering.
- A plan suggested for acceptance; a proposal.
- A matter to be dealt with; a task: Finding affordable housing can be a difficult proposition.
- An offer of a private bargain, especially a request for sexual relations.
- A subject for discussion or analysis.
- Logic A statement that affirms or denies something.
- Logic The meaning expressed in such a statement, as opposed to the way it is expressed.
- Mathematics A theorem.
- To propose a private bargain to, especially to propose sexual relations with.