To ask for, or seek to obtain, by virtue of authority, right, or supposed right; to challenge as a right; to demand as due.
- To demand, ask for, or take as one's own or one's due: claim a reward; claim one's luggage at the airport carousel.
- To take in a violent manner as if by right: a hurricane that claimed two lives.
- To state to be true, especially when open to question; assert or maintain: claimed he had won the race; a candidate claiming many supporters.
- To deserve or call for; require: problems that claim her attention.
- A demand for something as rightful or due.
- A basis for demanding something; a title or right.
- Something claimed in a formal or legal manner, especially a tract of public land staked out by a miner or homesteader.
- A demand for payment in accordance with an insurance policy or other formal arrangement.
- The sum of money demanded.
- A statement of something as a fact; an assertion of truth: makes no claim to be a cure.
- lay claim to To assert one's right to or ownership of.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അവകാശമായി ചോദിക്കുക - Avakaashamaayi Chodhikkuka | Avakashamayi Chodhikkuka ;പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കുക - Prakhyaapikkuka | Prakhyapikkuka ;നഷ്ടപരിഹാരം ചോദിക്കുക - Nashdaparihaaram Chodhikkuka | Nashdapariharam Chodhikkuka ;ഉറപ്പിച്ചു പറയുക - Urappichu Parayuka ;അര്ഹത - Arhatha ;അവകാശപ്പെടുക - Avakaashappeduka | Avakashappeduka ;