A draught or form; properly, a representation drawn on a plane, as a map or a chart; especially, a top view, as of a machine, or the representation or delineation of a horizontal section of anything, as of a building; a graphic representation; a diagram.
- A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective: a plan of attack.
- A proposed or tentative project or course of action: had no plans for the evening.
- A systematic arrangement of elements or important parts; a configuration or outline: a seating plan; the plan of a story.
- A drawing or diagram made to scale showing the structure or arrangement of something.
- In perspective rendering, one of several imaginary planes perpendicular to the line of vision between the viewer and the object being depicted.
- A program or policy stipulating a service or benefit: a pension plan.
- To formulate a scheme or program for the accomplishment, enactment, or attainment of: plan a campaign.
- To have as a specific aim or purpose; intend: They plan to buy a house.
- To draw or make a graphic representation of.
- To make plans.