To bring forward; to lead forth; to offer to view or notice; to exhibit; to show; as, to produce a witness or evidence in court.
- To bring forth; yield: a plant that produces pink flowers.
- To create by physical or mental effort: produce a tapestry; produce a poem.
- To manufacture: factories that produce cars and trucks.
- To cause to occur or exist; give rise to: chemicals that produce a noxious vapor when mixed.
- To bring forth; exhibit: reached into a pocket and produced a packet of matches; failed to produce an eyewitness to the crime.
- To supervise and finance the making and public presentation of: produce a stage play; produce a videotape.
- Mathematics To extend (an area or volume) or lengthen (a line).
- To make or yield products or a product: an apple tree that produces well.
- To manufacture or create economic goods and services.
- Something produced; a product.
- Farm products, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, considered as a group.