To become greater or more in size, quantity, number, degree, value, intensity, power, authority, reputation, wealth; to grow; to augment; to advance; -- opposed to decrease.
- To become greater or larger.
- To multiply; reproduce.
- To make greater or larger.
- The act of increasing: a steady increase in temperature.
- The amount or rate by which something is increased: a tax increase of 15 percent.
- Obsolete Reproduction and spread; propagation.
- on the increase Increasing, especially in frequency of occurrence: Crime is on the increase.