To convey from one place or person another; to transport, remove, or cause to pass, to another place or person; as, to transfer the laws of one country to another; to transfer suspicion.
- To convey or cause to pass from one place, person, or thing to another.
- Law To make over the possession or legal title of; convey.
- To convey (a design, for example) from one surface to another, as by impression.
- To move oneself from one location or job to another.
- To withdraw from one educational institution or course of study and enroll in another.
- To change from one public conveyance to another: transferred to another bus.
- The conveyance or removal of something from one place, person, or thing to another.
- One who transfers or is transferred, as to a new school.
- A design conveyed by contact from one surface to another.
- A ticket entitling a passenger to change from one public conveyance to another as part of one trip.
- A place where such a change is made.
- Law A conveyance of title or property from one person to another.