To play at basset, baccara, faro. or omber; to gamble.
- An open flatbottom boat with squared ends, used in shallow waters and usually propelled by a long pole.
- To propel (a boat) with a pole.
- To carry in a punt.
- To go in a punt.
- A kick in which the ball is dropped from the hands and kicked before it touches the ground.
- To propel (a ball) by means of a punt.
- To execute a punt.
- Informal To cease doing something; give up: Let's punt on this and try something else.
- Games To lay a bet against the bank, as in roulette.
- Chiefly British Slang To gamble.
- The indentation in the bottom of a champagne or wine bottle.