A road or way consisting of one or more parallel series of iron or steel rails, patterned and adjusted to be tracks for the wheels of vehicles, and suitably supported on a bed or substructure.
- A road composed of parallel steel rails supported by ties and providing a track for locomotive-drawn trains or other wheeled vehicles.
- A system of railroad track, together with the land, stations, rolling stock, and other related property under one management.
- To transport by railroad.
- To supply (an area) with railroads.
- Informal To rush or push (something) through quickly in order to prevent careful consideration and possible criticism or obstruction: railroad a special-interest bill through Congress.
- Informal To convict (an accused person) without a fair trial or on trumped-up charges.
- To work for a railroad company.