A shoot or secondary stem growing from the main stem, or from a principal limb or bough of a tree or other plant.
- A secondary woody stem or limb growing from the trunk or main stem of a tree or shrub or from another secondary limb.
- A lateral division or subdivision of certain other plant parts, such as a root or flower cluster.
- Something that resembles a branch of a tree, as in form or function, as:
- A secondary outgrowth or subdivision of a main axis, such as the tine of a deer's antlers.
- Anatomy An offshoot or a division of the main portion of a structure, especially that of a nerve, blood vessel, or lymphatic vessel; a ramus.
- A limited part of a larger or more complex unit or system, especially:
- An area of specialized skill or knowledge, especially academic or vocational, that is related to but separate from other areas: the judicial branch of government; the branch of medicine called neurology.
- A division of a business or other organization.
- A division of a family, categorized by descent from a particular ancestor.
- Linguistics A subdivision of a family of languages, such as the Germanic branch of Indo-European.
- A tributary of a river.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. See creek. See Regional Note at run.
- A divergent section of a river, especially near the mouth.
- Mathematics A part of a curve that is separated, as by discontinuities or extreme points.
- Computer Science A sequence of program instructions to which the normal sequence of instructions relinquishes control, depending on the value of certain variables.
- Computer Science The instructions executed as the result of such a passing of control.
- To put forth a branch or branches; spread by dividing.
- To come forth as a branch or subdivision; develop or diverge from: an unpaved road that branches from the main road; a theory that branches from an older system of ideas.
- To enlarge the scope of one's interests, business, or activities: branch out from physics into related fields.
- Computer Science To relinquish control to another set of instructions or another routine as a result of the presence of a branch.
- To separate (something) into or as if into branches.
- To embroider (something) with a design of foliage or flowers.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മരക്കൊമ്പ് - Marakkompu ;ജട - Jada ;വിടപം - Vidapam ;കിള - Kila ;പിരിവ് - Pirivu ;ശിഖരം പൊട്ടുക - Shikharam Pottuka ;