The act of pressing, or the condition of being pressed; compression; a squeezing; a crushing; as, a pressure of the hand.
- The act of pressing.
- The condition of being pressed.
- The application of continuous force by one body on another that it is touching; compression.
- Physics Force applied uniformly over a surface, measured as force per unit of area.
- Meteorology Atmospheric pressure.
- A compelling or constraining influence, such as a moral force, on the mind or will: pressure to conform; peer-group pressure.
- Urgent claim or demand: under the pressure of business; doesn't work well under pressure.
- An oppressive condition of physical, mental, social, or economic distress.
- A physical sensation produced by compression of a part of the body.
- Archaic A mark made by application of force or weight; an impression.
- To force, as by overpowering influence or persuasion.
- To pressurize.
- To pressure-cook.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മര്ദ്ദം - Marddham | Mardham ;പ്രഭാവം - Prabhaavam | Prabhavam ;അത്യാവശ്യമായ - Athyaavashyamaaya | Athyavashyamaya ;ഞെരുക്കം - Njerukkam ;അടിയന്തരസ്വഭാവം - Adiyantharasvabhaavam | Adiyantharaswabhavam ;മർദ്ദം - Marddham | Mardham ;