The act of receiving; reception.
- The act of receiving: We are in receipt of your letter.
- The fact of being or having been received: They denied receipt of the shipment.
- A quantity or amount received. Often used in the plural: cash receipts.
- A written acknowledgment that a specified article, sum of money, or shipment of merchandise has been received.
- A recipe.
- To mark (a bill) as having been paid.
- To give or write a receipt for (money paid or goods or services delivered).
- To give a receipt.