To take, as something that is offered, given, committed, sent, paid, or the like; to accept; as, to receive money offered in payment of a debt; to receive a gift, a message, or a letter.
- To take or acquire (something given, offered, or transmitted); get.
- To hear or see (information, for example): receive bad news; received a good report of the group's activities.
- To have (a title, for example) bestowed on oneself.
- To meet with; experience: receive sympathetic treatment.
- To have inflicted or imposed on oneself: receive a penalty.
- To bear the weight or force of; support: The beams receive the full weight of the walls and roof.
- To take or intercept the impact of (a blow, for example).
- To take in, hold, or contain: a tank that receives rainwater.
- To admit: receive new members.
- To greet or welcome: receive guests.
- To perceive or acquire mentally: receive a bad impression.
- To regard with approval or disapproval: essays that were received well.
- To listen to and acknowledge formally and authoritatively: The judge received their oath of allegiance.
- To acquire or get something; be a recipient.
- To admit or welcome guests or visitors: The couple are not receiving this winter.
- To partake of the Eucharist.
- Electronics To convert incoming electromagnetic waves into visible or audible signals.
- Football To catch or take possession of a kicked ball.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുക - Shraddhikkuka | Shradhikkuka ;അംഗീകരിക്കുക - Amgeekarikkuka ;അറിയിപ്പു കിട്ടുക - Ariyippu Kittuka ;തടവുക - Thadavuka ;സ്വീകരണം നല്കുക - Sveekaranam Nalkuka | sweekaranam Nalkuka ;സ്വാഗതം - Svaagatham | swagatham ;