The act of delivering from restraint; rescue; release; liberation; as, the delivery of a captive from his dungeon.
- The act of conveying or delivering.
- Something delivered, as a shipment or package.
- The act of transferring to another.
- Law A formal act of transferring ownership of property to another: delivery of a deed.
- The act of giving up; surrender.
- The act or manner of throwing or discharging.
- The act of giving birth; parturition.
- Utterance or enunciation: The historic speech required but two minutes in delivery.
- The act or manner of speaking or singing: a folk singer's casual delivery.
- The act of releasing or rescuing.