The power of receiving or containing; extent of room or space; passive power; -- used in reference to physical things.
- The ability to receive, hold, or absorb.
- A measure of this ability; volume.
- The maximum amount that can be contained: a trunk filled to capacity.
- Ability to perform or produce; capability.
- The maximum or optimum amount that can be produced: factories operating below capacity.
- The power to learn or retain knowledge; mental ability.
- Innate potential for growth, development, or accomplishment; faculty. See Synonyms at ability.
- The quality of being suitable for or receptive to specified treatment: the capacity of elastic to be stretched.
- The position in which one functions; role: in your capacity as sales manager.
- Legal qualification or authority: the capacity to make an arrest.
- Electricity Capacitance.
- Filling a space with the most it can hold: a capacity crowd at the concert.