To bring or lead back to any former place or condition.
- To bring down, as in extent, amount, or degree; diminish. See Synonyms at decrease.
- To bring to a humbler, weaker, difficult, or forced state or condition; especially:
- To gain control of; conquer: "a design to reduce them under absolute despotism” ( Declaration of Independence).
- To subject to destruction: Enemy bombers reduced the city to rubble.
- To weaken bodily: was reduced almost to emaciation.
- To sap the spirit or mental energy of.
- To compel to desperate acts: The Depression reduced many to begging on street corners.
- To lower in rank or grade. See Synonyms at demote.
- To powder or pulverize.
- To thin (paint) with a solvent.
- To lower the price of: The store has drastically reduced winter coats.
- To put in order or arrange systematically.
- To separate into orderly components by analysis.
- Chemistry To decrease the valence of (an atom) by adding electrons.
- Chemistry To remove oxygen from (a compound).
- Chemistry To add hydrogen to (a compound).
- Chemistry To change to a metallic state by removing nonmetallic constituents; smelt.
- Mathematics To simplify the form of (an expression, such as a fraction) without changing the value.
- Medicine To restore (a fractured or displaced body part) to a normal condition or position.
- To become diminished.
- To lose weight, as by dieting.
- Biology To undergo meiosis.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വില കുറയ്ക്കുക - Vila Kuraykkuka ;എളയ്ക്കുക - Elaykkuka ;കുറവുവരുത്തുക - Kuravuvaruththuka | Kuravuvaruthuka ;തരംതാഴ്ത്തുക - Tharamthaazhththuka | Tharamthazhthuka ;ക്ഷീണിപ്പിക്കുക - Ksheenippikkuka ;ദരിദ്രനാക്കുക - Dharidhranaakkuka | Dharidhranakkuka ;