To part asunder (a whole); to sever into two or more parts or pieces; to sunder; to separate into parts.
- To separate into parts, sections, groups, or branches: divided the students into four groups. See Synonyms at separate.
- To sector into units of measurement; graduate: The ruler was divided into metric units.
- To separate and group according to kind; classify: divided the plants by genus.
- To cause to separate into opposing factions; disunite: "They want not to divide either the Revolution or the Church but to be an integral part of both” ( Conor Cruise O'Brien).
- To cause (members of a parliament) to vote by separating into groups, as pro and con.
- To separate from something else; cut off: A mountain chain divides France and Spain.
- To apportion among a number: Volunteers divided the different jobs among themselves. See Synonyms at distribute.
- Mathematics To subject (a number) to the process of division: divided 20 by 4.
- Mathematics To be a divisor of: 3 divides 9.
- Mathematics To use (a number) as a divisor: divided 5 into 35.
- To become separated into parts.
- To branch out, as a river.
- To form into factions; take sides: The party divided evenly on the tax issue.
- To vote by dividing.
- Mathematics To perform the operation of division.
- Biology To undergo cell division.
- A dividing point or line: "would clearly tip the court . . . across a dangerous constitutional divide” ( Lawrence H. Tribe).
- A ridge of land; a watershed.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വേറാക്കുക - Veraakkuka | Verakkuka ;അംശിക്കുക - Amshikkuka ;പങ്കിടുക - Pankiduka ;ഒരു സംഖ്യയെ മറ്റൊരു സംഖ്യകൊണ്ടു ഹരിക്കുക - Oru Samkhyaye Mattoru Samkhyakondu Harikkuka ;വകയുക - Vakayuka ;പിളര്ക്കുക - Pilarkkuka ;