- Any of various tall perennial grasses, especially of the genera Phragmites or Arundo, having hollow stems, broad leaves, and large plumelike terminal panicles.
- The stalk of any of these plants.
- A collection of these stalks: reed for making baskets.
- Music A primitive wind instrument made of a hollow reed stalk.
- Music A flexible strip of cane or metal set into the mouthpiece or air opening of certain instruments to produce tone by vibrating in response to a stream of air.
- Music An instrument, such as an oboe or clarinet, that is fitted with a reed.
- A narrow movable frame fitted with reed or metal strips that separate the warp threads in weaving.
- Architecture A reeding.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഈറ്റ - Eetta ;ഈറല് - Eeral ;അന്പ് - Anpu ;കാട്ടുചൂരല് - Kaattuchooral | Kattuchooral ;വേരല് - Veral ;അമ്പ് - Ampu ;