A thicket, or place abounding in trees or shrubs; a wild forest.
- A low shrub with many branches.
- A thick growth of shrubs; a thicket.
- Land covered with dense vegetation or undergrowth.
- Land remote from settlement: the Australian bush.
- A shaggy mass, as of hair.
- Vulgar Slang A growth of pubic hair.
- A fox's tail.
- Archaic A clump of ivy hung outside a tavern to indicate the availability of wine inside.
- Obsolete A tavern.
- To grow or branch out like a bush.
- To extend in a bushy growth.
- To decorate, protect, or support with bushes.
- Slang Bush-league; second-rate: "Reviewers here have tended to see in him a kind of bush D.H. Lawrence” ( Saturday Review).
- To furnish or line with a bushing.