To spread or scatter. See Strew, and Strow.
- Stalks of threshed grain, used as bedding and food for animals, for thatching, and for weaving or braiding, as into baskets.
- A single stalk of threshed grain.
- Something, such as a hat or basket, made of straw.
- A slender tube used for sucking up a liquid.
- Something of minimal value or importance.
- Something with too little substance to provide support in a crisis: Near the end we were grasping at straws.
- Of, relating to, or made of straw: a straw mat.
- Containing or used for straw, as a barn or feeding trough.
- Of the color of straw; yellowish.
- Having little or no value or substance; unimportant.
- Of, relating to, or constituting a straw man.
- final The final annoyance or setback, which even though minor makes one lose patience.
- straw in the wind A slight hint of something to come.