Dwelling, or having an abode, in a place for a continued length of time; residing on one's own estate; -- opposed to nonresident; as, resident in the city or in the country.
- One who resides in a particular place permanently or for an extended period, as:
- A diplomatic official residing in a foreign seat of government.
- A colonial official acting as adviser to the ruler of a protected state, often having quasi-gubernatorial powers.
- A member of an intelligence-gathering or nonuniformed law enforcement agency who resides and oversees operations in a certain locale: the FBI resident in St. Louis.
- One who lives in a dormitory.
- A physician receiving specialized clinical training in a hospital, usually after completing an internship.
- A nonmigratory bird or other animal.
- Dwelling in a particular place; residing: resident aliens.
- Living somewhere in connection with duty or work.
- Inherently present: resident anxieties.
- Nonmigratory: resident fauna.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
താമസക്കാരൻ - Thaamasakkaaran | Thamasakkaran ;താമസസ്ഥലം - Thaamasasthalam | Thamasasthalam ;സ്ഥലവാസി - Sthalavaasi | Sthalavasi ;താമസക്കാരന് - Thaamasakkaaran | Thamasakkaran ;വസിക്കുന്ന സ്ഥിരവാസിയായ - Vasikkunna Sthiravaasiyaaya | Vasikkunna Sthiravasiyaya ;സ്ഥിരവാസിയായ - Sthiravaasiyaaya | Sthiravasiyaya ;