A teacher; one skilled in a profession, or branch of knowledge; a learned man.
- A person, especially a physician, dentist, or veterinarian, trained in the healing arts and licensed to practice.
- A person who has earned the highest academic degree awarded by a college or university in a specified discipline.
- A person awarded an honorary degree by a college or university.
- Used as a title and form of address for a person holding the degree of doctor.
- Roman Catholic Church An eminent theologian.
- A practitioner of folk medicine or folk magic.
- A rig or device contrived for remedying an emergency situation or for doing a special task.
- Any of several brightly colored artificial flies used in fly fishing.
- Informal To give medical treatment to: "[He] does more than practice medicine. He doctors people. There's a difference” ( Charles Kuralt).
- To repair, especially in a makeshift manner; rig.
- To falsify or change in such a way as to make favorable to oneself: doctored the evidence.
- To add ingredients so as to improve or conceal the taste, appearance, or quality of: doctor the soup with a dash of sherry. See Synonyms at adulterate.
- To alter or modify for a specific end: doctored my standard speech for the small-town audience.
- Baseball To deface or apply a substance to (the ball): was ejected because he doctored the ball with a piece of sandpaper.
- Informal To practice medicine.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പ്രമാണത്തില് വ്യാജവേലചെയ്യുക - Pramaanaththil Vyaajavelacheyyuka | Pramanathil Vyajavelacheyyuka ;ചികിത്സിക്കുക - Chikithsikkuka ;വിദ്വാന് - Vidhvaan | Vidhvan ;ഒരു ജാതി മത്സ്യം - Oru Jaathi Mathsyam | Oru Jathi Mathsyam ;the medical treatment founded by the German doctor Hahnemann ഹോമിയോപ്പതി - the Medical Treatment Founded By The German Doctor Hahnemann Homiyoppathi ;ചികിത്സകന് - Chikithsakan ;