The act of resounding; the quality or state of being resonant.
- The quality or condition of being resonant: words that had resonance throughout his life.
- Richness or significance, especially in evoking an association or strong emotion: "It is home and family that give resonance . . . to life” ( George Gilder). "Israel, gateway to Mecca, is of course a land of religious resonance and geopolitical significance” ( James Wolcott).
- Physics The increase in amplitude of oscillation of an electric or mechanical system exposed to a periodic force whose frequency is equal or very close to the natural undamped frequency of the system.
- Physics A subatomic particle lasting too short a time to be observed directly. The existence of such particles is usually inferred from a peak in the energy distribution of its decay products.
- Acoustics Intensification and prolongation of sound, especially of a musical tone, produced by sympathetic vibration.
- Linguistics Intensification of vocal tones during articulation, as by the air cavities of the mouth and nasal passages.
- Medicine The sound produced by diagnostic percussion of the normal chest.
- Chemistry The property of a compound having simultaneously the characteristics of two or more structural forms that differ only in the distribution of electrons. Such compounds are highly stable and cannot be properly represented by a single structural formula.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മാറ്റൊലി - Maattoli | Mattoli ;തെളിയിക്കുക - Theliyikkuka ;അനുരണനം - Anurananam ;അനുനാദം - Anunaadham | Anunadham ;മാറ്റൊലി - Maattoli | Mattoli ;പ്രതിധ്വനി - Prathidhvani ;