One who, or that which, rubs.
- A yellowish, amorphous, elastic material obtained from the milky sap or latex of various tropical plants, especially the rubber tree, and vulcanized, pigmented, finished, and modified into products such as electric insulation, elastic bands and belts, tires, and containers. Also called caoutchouc, India rubber.
- Any of numerous synthetic elastic materials of varying chemical composition with properties similar to those of natural rubber.
- A low overshoe made of rubber.
- Baseball The rectangular piece of hard rubber that the pitcher must remain in contact with when making a pitch.
- Something made of rubber, as:
- An eraser.
- A tire.
- A set of tires on a vehicle.
- Slang A condom.
- One that rubs, especially one that gives a massage.
- A series of games of which two out of three or three out of five must be won to terminate the play.
- An odd game played to break a tie.