An alloy (usually yellow) of copper and zinc, in variable proportion, but often containing two parts of copper to one part of zinc. It sometimes contains tin, and rarely other metals.
- A yellowish alloy of copper and zinc, sometimes including small amounts of other metals, but usually 67 percent copper and 33 percent zinc.
- Ornaments, objects, or utensils made of this alloy.
- Music The section of a band or an orchestra composed of brass instruments. Often used in the plural.
- Music Brass instruments or their players considered as a group. Often used in the plural.
- A memorial plaque or tablet made of brass, especially one on which an effigy is incised.
- A bushing or similar lining for a bearing, made from a copper alloy.
- Informal Bold self-assurance; effrontery.
- Slang High-ranking military officers or other high officials.
- Chiefly British Money.