The skin of an animal, or some part of such skin, tanned, tawed, or otherwise dressed for use; also, dressed hides, collectively.
- The dressed or tanned hide of an animal, usually with the hair removed.
- Any of various articles or parts made of dressed or tanned hide, such as a boot or strap.
- The flap of a dog's ear.
- To cover wholly or in part with the dressed or tanned hide of an animal.
- Informal To beat with a strap made of hide.
- Made of, relating to, or resembling dressed or tanned animal hide.
- Slang Of, relating to, or patronized by people who dress in leather clothing primarily to indicate a preference for sadomasochistic sex: leather types; a leather bar.