In general, to fill up the measure of a want of (a person or a thing); hence, to grafity fully the desire of; to make content; to supply to the full, or so far as to give contentment with what is wished for.
- To gratify the need, desire, or expectation of.
- To fulfill (a need or desire).
- To free from doubt or question; assure.
- To get rid of (a doubt or question); dispel.
- To discharge (a debt or obligation, for example) in full.
- To discharge an obligation to (a creditor).
- To conform to the requirements of (a standard or rule); be sufficient to (an end).
- To make reparation for; redress.
- Mathematics To make the left and right sides of an equation equal after substituting equivalent quantities for the unknown variables in the equation.
- To be sufficient or adequate.
- To give satisfaction.