To give pleasure to; to excite agreeable sensations or emotions in; to make glad; to gratify; to content; to satisfy.
- To give enjoyment, pleasure, or satisfaction to; make glad or contented.
- To be the will or desire of: May it please the court to admit this firearm as evidence.
- To give satisfaction or pleasure; be agreeable: waiters who try hard to please.
- To have the will or desire; wish: Do as you please. Sit down, if you please.
- If it is your desire or pleasure; if you please. Used in polite requests: Please stand back. Pay attention, please.
- Yes. Used in polite affirmative replies to offers: May I help you? Please.