More advanced than another in age; prior in age; elder; hence, more advanced in dignity, rank, or office; superior; as, senior member; senior counsel.
- Of or being the older of two, especially the older of two persons having the same name, as father and son.
- Of or relating to senior citizens. See Usage Note at old.
- Being in a position, rank, or grade above others of the same set or class: a senior officer; the senior ship in the battle group.
- Having precedence in making certain decisions.
- Of or relating to the fourth and last year of high school or college: our senior class.
- A person who is older than another: She is eight years my senior.
- A senior citizen.
- One that is of a higher position, rank, or grade than another in the same set or class.
- A student in the fourth year of high school or college.